President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is currently engaged in a closed-door meeting with the 36 governors of Nigeria under the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF) at the Presidential Villa in Abuja. The meeting, which commenced at noon, follows the swearing-in of Senator George Akume as the new Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF).
Earlier today, a brief swearing-in ceremony for Senator Akume took place at the council chamber of the Presidential Villa. During the ceremony, Senator Akume took his Oath of Allegiance and Oath of Office in the presence of several government officials.
Notable figures in attendance at the swearing-in included Vice President Kashim Shettima, President of the Senate Ahmed Lawan, Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara State, Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan (Head of the Civil Service of the Federation), and Mrs Regina Akume, the spouse of the new SGF.
The closed-door meeting between President Tinubu and the Nigerian governors is expected to cover various important matters concerning the nation’s governance and development. Further details regarding the discussions are yet to be released, but the meeting holds significance for the political landscape and future policies of Nigeria.
#PresidentTinubuMeeting #NigerianGovernorsForum #ClosedDoorSession #NationalDevelopmentInitiatives
- Access Bank Marathon Maneuvers: Smooth Routes, Safety for 2024 Lagos Run
- Police Bust Illegal Weapons and Drug Ring in Proactive Sweep
- CP Abaniwanda Surajudeen Olufemi Takes Charge, Vows Improved Security in Delta
- Massive Bust: Church Burglary Unearths Stolen Cache; Suspects Apprehended
- Renowned Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Passes Away at 67: Fountain of Life Church Mourns Loss