In a Bankers’ Committee meeting held on Sunday, March 12, 2023, the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, directed commercial banks to dispense old Naira notes and to also receive the same as deposits from customers.
The directive also stated that tellers at commercial banks are to generate codes for deposits and that there is no limit to the number of times an individual or company can make deposits.
Confirming the development on Monday morning, March 13, 2023, Anambra State Governor, Charles Soludo, stated that “Emefiele personally confirmed the above to me during a phone conversation on Sunday night.”
READ ALSO: EMEFIELE DEBUNKS FAKE NEWS TITLED: RE-EMEFIELE LAUNCHES FRESH PLOT AGAINST PRESIDENT-ELECT TINUBU
The governor further urged residents of Anambra State to freely accept and transact their businesses with the old currency notes, including N200, N500, and N1,000, as well as the new notes.
#CBN, #NairaNotes, #Banking, #DepositsAccepted, #CentralBank, #Nigeria, #Currency, #Economy, #FinancialSystem
- CHILDREN’S DAY: Polaris Bank Urges Parents to Teach Kids Savings Culture
- False Cult Initiation Video in Delta State Secondary School Exposed
- New Studies Reveal Cell Phone Radiation’s Harmful Impact on DNA
- Delta State Police Smash Kidnapping Gang and Seize Weapons in Major Victory Against Crime
- Polaris Bank Excites Affluent Customers with New Product …Offers Free VISA Signature Card