Senator Godwill Akpabio, representing Akwa Ibom North-West senatorial district, has emerged as the 10th National Assembly Senate President, defeating Abdul’aziz Abubakar Yari, the Senator-elect for Zamfara West.
The nomination of Akpabio for the Senate President position was made by Senator Ali Ndume, who provided a comprehensive background of the former governor from Akwa Ibom. In contrast, Senator Ishaku Abbo nominated Senator Abdul Aziz Yari for the same prestigious role.
It is important to highlight that the All Progressives Congress (APC) had designated the South-South region as the rightful holder of the Senate President position in the 10th Assembly, with Senator Godswill Akpabio as their preferred candidate. Additionally, Senator Jubrin Barau from the North West was selected as the favored candidate for the position of deputy Senate President.
However, this designation encountered opposition from several lawmakers, among whom Abdul’aziz Abubakar Yari stood out as a prominent figure opposing the decision.
#AkpabioForSenatePresident #SouthSouthVictory #LeadershipUpset #BreakingNews
- Renowned Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Passes Away at 67: Fountain of Life Church Mourns Loss
- 79% of Nigerian Students Ace WASSCE with Top Grades
- Motorists Rejoice as Lagos Police Launch War on Extortion
- Community Takes Stand Against Crime: Ekpan Surrenders Firearms, Police Commends Efforts
- Nigerian Government’s Surprise Move Sets Petrol Prices at N617/Litre