A landlord in Ogun state has died following a disagreement with his tenant over an electricity bill. Ifeoma Ossai, 33, was arrested by the Ogun Police Command after the incident which resulted in the death of her landlord, Monday Surulere Oladele, aged 50.
According to reports, the altercation began when Oladele asked Ossai to pay her outstanding electricity bill. Ossai, however, insisted that she would only pay for utilities once water had been directly connected to her apartment as promised by the landlord when she moved in.
During the heated exchange, Ossai allegedly grabbed Oladele’s manhood and dragged him, causing him to collapse. He was rushed to Ota General Hospital, but unfortunately, he passed away.
READ ALSO: Killer disease at your doorstep
After Oladele’s brother, Olaleye Taiwo, reported the incident to the Sango Ota divisional headquarters, the police apprehended Ossai. Police spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said that the Commissioner of Police, Frank Mba, had ordered the suspect’s immediate transfer to the Homicide section of the State Criminal Investigation Departments for further investigation and prosecution.
#ElectricityBillDispute #LandlordTenantAltercation #FatalDispute #JusticeForOladele
- CHILDREN’S DAY: Polaris Bank Urges Parents to Teach Kids Savings Culture
- False Cult Initiation Video in Delta State Secondary School Exposed
- New Studies Reveal Cell Phone Radiation’s Harmful Impact on DNA
- Delta State Police Smash Kidnapping Gang and Seize Weapons in Major Victory Against Crime
- Polaris Bank Excites Affluent Customers with New Product …Offers Free VISA Signature Card
Abuja Accident Anambra APC Armed Robbery Buhari CBN Civil Defence Court COVID-19 Crime Delta Delta State Drug EFCC FCT FRSC Gun IGP INEC Justice Kaduna Kidnapping Kwara Kwara State Lagos Lagos State Law Marwa NDLEA Nigeria NSCDC PDP Police President Promotion Rape Sanwo-Olu Sanwo OLu Security Senate Tinubu Traffic Women Youth