President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Initiates Efforts to Tackle Insecurity in Nigeria
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has taken significant steps towards addressing the pressing issue of insecurity in the country. Today, he paid a visit to the Office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) and the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) in Abuja.
Welcoming President Tinubu on Monday, June 5, 2023, was the National Security Adviser (NSA), Maj Gen Babagana Monguno (rtd), alongside other high-ranking officials stationed at the centre.
The NCTC, commissioned in March 2023 by former President Muhammadu Buhari, plays a pivotal role in efficiently coordinating national security and counterterrorism efforts. This facility houses various departments such as the Joint Terrorism Analysis Branch, National Counter Terrorism Strategy, Explosive Devices Analysis Office, and the Preventing Countering Violent Extremism Unit. Together, they work towards implementing Nigeria’s Policy Framework and National Action Plan for Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism.
The NCTC prides itself on employing skilled and experienced officers from government Ministries, Departments, and Agencies. With their collective expertise, they strive to combat the escalating challenges of insecurity in the nation.
#SecureNigeriaNow #TinubuTakesAction #InsecurityReform #LeadershipForChange
- Access Bank Marathon Maneuvers: Smooth Routes, Safety for 2024 Lagos Run
- Police Bust Illegal Weapons and Drug Ring in Proactive Sweep
- CP Abaniwanda Surajudeen Olufemi Takes Charge, Vows Improved Security in Delta
- Massive Bust: Church Burglary Unearths Stolen Cache; Suspects Apprehended
- Renowned Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Passes Away at 67: Fountain of Life Church Mourns Loss