LASTMA personnel rushed to the scene yesterday to save the lives of four people involved in a collision between a fully loaded container truck and four mini commercial tricycles. The incident, which took place around 12:30 PM in Ikotun, resulted in the immediate death of a tricycle driver and their passenger.
The four rescued victims—two pregnant women and two children were handed over to police officers from the Ikotun Police Station and taken to the General Hospital for treatment. The container truck with the license plate JJJ 125 lost its brakes and hit the tricycles in a valley near a synagogue on its way to Ikotun, according to an investigation.
Police officers from the Ikotun Police Station were sent to the scene right away, and the tanker and tricycles were taken to the Ikotun Police Station. Bolaji Oreagba, who is the General Manager of LASTMA, wants tanker owners and drivers to take care of their vehicles so that accidents like this one don’t happen again.
Adebayo Taofiq, Director of the LASTMA’s Public Affairs and Enlightenment Department, emphasized the importance of road safety and the LASTMA’s commitment to rescuing victims and preventing accidents on Lagos roads. This latest rescue mission shows how committed LASTMA is to helping the public and making sure people in the state drive safely.
#LASTMARescue, #TricycleAccident, #RoadSafetyFirst, #IkotunCrash, #LagosTraffic, #EmergencyResponse, #DriveSafeLagos, #StayAlertStayAlive
- Access Bank Marathon Maneuvers: Smooth Routes, Safety for 2024 Lagos Run
- Police Bust Illegal Weapons and Drug Ring in Proactive Sweep
- CP Abaniwanda Surajudeen Olufemi Takes Charge, Vows Improved Security in Delta
- Massive Bust: Church Burglary Unearths Stolen Cache; Suspects Apprehended
- Renowned Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Passes Away at 67: Fountain of Life Church Mourns Loss