Two armed robbers have been arrested by officers of the Elemoro Division of the Lagos State Police Command. The suspects, identified as Famous Ogooluwa, 23, and Ibrahim Omoniyi, 27, were apprehended while attempting to flee with their loot after robbing a victim in Abijo GRA junction of Ibeju-Lekki on Thursday, February 16, 2023. The police acted on credible information received about an ongoing robbery in the area.
Upon arrest, the police recovered two locally made pistols, one live cartridge, one Tecno Android phone, and one ZAT Android phone from the suspects. Further investigation led to the arrest of their gun dealer, Taofeek Soliu, 27.
The suspects confessed to robbing the same spot on several occasions. They will be arraigned in court once investigations are concluded.
READ ALSO: Police Foils Attempted Robbery; Gang Leader Killed in Shootout
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Idowu Omohunwa, has assured Lagosians that the Command is committed to ensuring that crime and criminality are brought to the barest minimum in Lagos State. SP Benjamin Hudeyin, the Police Public Relations Officer for the Lagos State Command, made the announcement
#LagosPolice #ArmedRobberyBusted #AbijoCrimeCrackdown #JusticeServed #PoliceProtectionLagos
- Electricity Sector Gets a Boost as President Tinubu Signs Game-Changing Act
- Nigerian Government Declares June 12 as Public Holiday in Celebration of Democracy Day
- Boost Your Memory and Comprehension: Why Handwritten Notes Rule
- Police Apprehend Suspected Armed Robbers and Seize Homemade Firearms
- New SGF Sworn In as President Tinubu Engages Nigerian Governors for Progress