Former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, and his wife, Beatrice, have been found guilty of organ trafficking by a UK court. The verdict was delivered after a six-week trial at the Old Bailey, which also found their daughter, Sonia, and a medical doctor, Dr. Obinna Obeta, guilty of facilitating the travel of a young man to Britain for exploitation.
The accused were found to have conspired to bring a 21-year-old Lagos street trader to London to exploit him for his kidney. The judge, Justice Jeremy Johnson, will pass a sentence at a later date.
READ ALSO: BREAKING: Former Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu , Wife Arrested in London for Attempted Organ Harvesting
Ike Ekweremadu and his wife were arrested and detained by the Metropolitan Police, London, in June 2022, after being accused of conspiring to traffic a homeless man into the UK to harvest his kidney for their daughter.
#OrganTraffickingTrial #UKVerdict #NigerianPoliticianConvicted #JusticeServed
Don’t miss out on exciting updates and exclusive offers! Click now to join our WhatsApp group.
- Electricity Sector Gets a Boost as President Tinubu Signs Game-Changing Act
- Nigerian Government Declares June 12 as Public Holiday in Celebration of Democracy Day
- Boost Your Memory and Comprehension: Why Handwritten Notes Rule
- Police Apprehend Suspected Armed Robbers and Seize Homemade Firearms
- New SGF Sworn In as President Tinubu Engages Nigerian Governors for Progress
Abuja Accident Anambra APC Armed Robbery CBN Civil Defence Court COVID-19 Crime Delta Delta State Drug EFCC FCT FRSC Gun IGP INEC Justice Kaduna Kidnapping Kwara Kwara State Lagos Lagos State Law Leadership Marwa NDLEA Nigeria NSCDC PDP Police President Promotion Rape Sanwo-Olu Sanwo OLu Security Senate Tinubu Traffic Women Youth