Former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, and his wife, Beatrice, have been found guilty of organ trafficking by a UK court. The verdict was delivered after a six-week trial at the Old Bailey, which also found their daughter, Sonia, and a medical doctor, Dr. Obinna Obeta, guilty of facilitating the travel of a young man to Britain for exploitation.
The accused were found to have conspired to bring a 21-year-old Lagos street trader to London to exploit him for his kidney. The judge, Justice Jeremy Johnson, will pass a sentence at a later date.
READ ALSO: BREAKING: Former Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu , Wife Arrested in London for Attempted Organ Harvesting
Ike Ekweremadu and his wife were arrested and detained by the Metropolitan Police, London, in June 2022, after being accused of conspiring to traffic a homeless man into the UK to harvest his kidney for their daughter.
#OrganTraffickingTrial #UKVerdict #NigerianPoliticianConvicted #JusticeServed
- Access Bank Marathon Maneuvers: Smooth Routes, Safety for 2024 Lagos Run
- Police Bust Illegal Weapons and Drug Ring in Proactive Sweep
- CP Abaniwanda Surajudeen Olufemi Takes Charge, Vows Improved Security in Delta
- Massive Bust: Church Burglary Unearths Stolen Cache; Suspects Apprehended
- Renowned Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Passes Away at 67: Fountain of Life Church Mourns Loss
Abuja Accident Anambra APC Armed Robbery CBN Civil Defence Court COVID-19 Crime Crime Prevention Delta Delta State Drug EFCC FCT FRSC Gun IGP INEC Justice Kaduna Kidnapping Kwara Kwara State Lagos Lagos State Law Law Enforcement Leadership Marwa NDLEA Nigeria NSCDC PDP Police President Sanwo-Olu Sanwo OLu Security Senate Tinubu Traffic Women Youth