Physical Activity Boosts Mental Performance, Helps Combat Stress, and Promotes Neurogenesis
Experts have shown that engaging in physical activity enhances physical fitness and improves mental performance. According to recent research, physical activity can assist in the recovery of stress and create an environment for neurogenesis, the growth and development of new neurons in the human brain.
Physical activity triggers the production of several proteins in the body that are involved in recovery processes. These proteins include insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and fibroblast growth factor (FGF). The proteins work together to boost the brain’s cognitive abilities, increasing its working potential.
Researchers are still studying the most effective physical activities for promoting creativity, some notable examples exist, for instance, the theory of relativity was conceived in Albert Einstein’s mind while riding a bicycle.
READ ALSO: Google Wave Goodbye to Passwords with Launch of Passkeys
Researchers advise that incorporating physical activity into daily routines can significantly improve mental performance and overall well-being. Experts further encourage individuals to prioritize physical activity in their daily lives, as it has numerous benefits for physical and mental health.
#ElevateYourMind #BenefitsOfExercise #MentalPerformance #CreativeJuices #PhysicalActivity #Brainpower #DailyRoutine #PhysicalActivity #MentalHealth
- Electricity Sector Gets a Boost as President Tinubu Signs Game-Changing Act
- Nigerian Government Declares June 12 as Public Holiday in Celebration of Democracy Day
- Boost Your Memory and Comprehension: Why Handwritten Notes Rule
- Police Apprehend Suspected Armed Robbers and Seize Homemade Firearms
- New SGF Sworn In as President Tinubu Engages Nigerian Governors for Progress