Officers of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) have arrested two cable vandals in different parts of Lagos, this was confirmed by the police spokesman, SP Benjamin Hundeyin in a press statement today.
The suspects, Akpan Fortune aged 28 and Stanley Umebuane aged 24 were arrested in Ikeja and Ikoyi on Sunday, November 6, 2022.
Fortune was arrested in the morning on Acme Crescent, Agidingbi, Ikeja after accessing and vandalizing telecommunication and generator cables in a substation in the area.
Umebuane on his part was caught in the act by an RRS team on routine patrol on Sunday night at Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, digging up electricity cables with a shovel.
Recovered from them were a shovel and different types of vandalized cables.
Commander, Rapid Response Squads (RRS), CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi has since transferred the suspects to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti for further investigation and prosecution.
READ ALSO: NSCDC Lagos State Command Anti-Vandal Unit Uncovers Illegal Oil Dump Site, Apprehends Suspects And Recovers Exhibits
- Access Bank Marathon Maneuvers: Smooth Routes, Safety for 2024 Lagos Run
- Police Bust Illegal Weapons and Drug Ring in Proactive Sweep
- CP Abaniwanda Surajudeen Olufemi Takes Charge, Vows Improved Security in Delta
- Massive Bust: Church Burglary Unearths Stolen Cache; Suspects Apprehended
- Renowned Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Passes Away at 67: Fountain of Life Church Mourns Loss