Officers of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) have arrested two cable vandals in different parts of Lagos, this was confirmed by the police spokesman, SP Benjamin Hundeyin in a press statement today.
The suspects, Akpan Fortune aged 28 and Stanley Umebuane aged 24 were arrested in Ikeja and Ikoyi on Sunday, November 6, 2022.
Fortune was arrested in the morning on Acme Crescent, Agidingbi, Ikeja after accessing and vandalizing telecommunication and generator cables in a substation in the area.
Umebuane on his part was caught in the act by an RRS team on routine patrol on Sunday night at Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, digging up electricity cables with a shovel.
Recovered from them were a shovel and different types of vandalized cables.
Commander, Rapid Response Squads (RRS), CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi has since transferred the suspects to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti for further investigation and prosecution.
READ ALSO: NSCDC Lagos State Command Anti-Vandal Unit Uncovers Illegal Oil Dump Site, Apprehends Suspects And Recovers Exhibits
- Electricity Sector Gets a Boost as President Tinubu Signs Game-Changing Act
- Nigerian Government Declares June 12 as Public Holiday in Celebration of Democracy Day
- Boost Your Memory and Comprehension: Why Handwritten Notes Rule
- Police Apprehend Suspected Armed Robbers and Seize Homemade Firearms
- New SGF Sworn In as President Tinubu Engages Nigerian Governors for Progress